Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random Musings

My girl has a bad throat. She coughs and sneezes and her whole body shakes with the impact. She tried cooing in the morning but all that came out was a mere croak. I wish I had a camera on hand to capture the utter look of surprise on her face when she realized what she had heard was her own voice.
Last night when my boy snuggled up to me for his bedtime story, he rested his head on my shoulder and said “anni ko sab sey paree ami lagtee hain….aur chota baby aur baba….aur…..hmmmm….aur…..basss”. In that one sentence, he undid the affect of a week’s worth of tantrums and time-outs, and I thought to myself, maybe I am not totally screwing up this parenting gig.
I have lost a couple pounds in the last two weeks, nothing major I know but didnt do anything drastic either, just watched what I ate. To reward myself, I had a paratha for breakfast, a crunchy crispy layered paratha slathered with desi ghee.............ummmmmmmm heaven on a plate...also heart attack and obesity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment